20130618


"The little mermaid kissed his hand, and felt as if her heart were already broken. His wedding morning would bring death to her, and she would change into the foam of the sea. All the church bells rung, and the heralds rode about the town proclaiming the betrothal. Perfumed oil was burning in costly silver lamps on every altar. The priests waved the censers, while the bride and bridegroom joined their hands and received the blessing of the bishop. The little mermaid, dressed in silk and gold, held up the bride’s train; but her ears heard nothing of the festive music, and her eyes saw not the holy ceremony; she thought of the night of death which was coming to her, and of all she had lost in the world".  - H.C.Andersen "The Little Mermaid"

Well, as I've already said, I love to travel. This time I was in Copenhagen, the most beautiful capital of Denmark. It's strange, but it really can't be described. It's like a weird medley of melancholic beauty with salty wind and the most tasty sandwiches (smørebrød). Next weird thing is that food and say buses are reasonably expensive, but clothes and shoes - not at all. I mean, they're not cheap or something, but still quite affordable. And people... Oh my God. People in Copenhagen (I mean native Danish) are so beautiful. Not pretty or cute. No, they're really beautiful. Every single girl and boy. I know sound creepy, but they're all like Scandinavian gods. And so incredibly good dressed, wow. Just wow. Well, anyway afterward my self-appraisal is somewhere underground, but I still in love with this amazing city.









xx

S
 

No comments:

Post a Comment